* Doug was the first to make 2-way radios work under the Green Flag Laps in Nascar and all Motorsports with the Invention of the “Earmold” in 1975
* Doug was the first to put 2-way radios on I-500 snowmobiles at Sault Ste. Marie, Mi. in 1978 on Roger Britt’s race sled.
* Doug designed and Manufactured the first working Intercoms in APBA Offshore Power Boats in 1978, starting with the Bounty Hunter, Copper Kettle, Benihana, Kaama to name a few
* Doug was the first to put 2-way radios in APBA Unlimited Hydroplanes in 1979, starting with “Miss Circus Circus”
* Doug also worked as Communications Director for Michigan International Speedway for most of the 1980’s
* Doug raced at Michigan International Speedway September 18, 1983, as a first time ASA Rookie Driver, finishing 8th place, right behind 1st place Rusty Wallace, 2nd Dick Trickle, 3rd Jim Sauter, 4th Alan Kulwicki, 5th Mark Martin.
* Doug produced the first ever Yellow Flag Interview of a driver on the race track at M.I.S. in 1984 with Al Uncer Jr.
* Doug was the first to put 2-way radios on World Championship Jet Skis
* Doug designed and Manufactured a line of Timing Equipment for Race tracks
* Doug was the first to put 2-way radios in NHRA Funny cars